Pineapple and Chicken Stir Fry
|Boneless skinless chicken breast||1 Pound, cut into 1-inch cubes|
|Fish sauce||1 Tablespoon (Thai kitchen premium fish sauce)|
|Oil||2 Tablespoon, divided|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Ginger||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Bell peppers||2 Cup (32 tbs), cut into 1/2-inch pieces (assorted colors)|
|Fresh pineapple chunks||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pineapple & chili sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Thai Kitchen pineapple & chili sauce)|
|Jasmine rice||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked, drained|
1. In a medium sized bowl, combine chicken pieces, fish sauce, and cornstarch. Toss to coat well. Set aside.
2. Place a large non-stick skillet on medium high flame, and heat 1 tablespoon of oil in it.
3. Drop garlic, and ginger. Saute for 30 seconds.
4. Throw bell peppers, and pineapple. Stir fry for 3-5 minutes or until tender-crisp.
5. Pour pineapple & chili sauce. Stir, and cook until heated through. Into a bowl, transfer stir-fried pepper.
6. In the same skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon of oil. Drop chicken and cook for 5 minutes or until done.
7. Return bell pepper mixture into to the skillet. Stir, and cook until well incorporated.
8. Garnish with cilantro, and serve stir fried chicken over hot rice or noodles.
Use 4 tablespoons of rice flour instead of cornstarch, if you are planning to freeze the leftover chicken for next day.
Calories 384 Calories from Fat 65
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.2%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 52.6 mg17.5%
Sodium 444.3 mg18.5%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g7%
Sugars 6.3 g
Protein 25 g49.1%
Vitamin A 6.4% Vitamin C 118.1%
Calcium 4.3% Iron 6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet