1. Preheat the fan forced oven to 180°C.
2. In a bowl, mix together butter, lemon rind, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
3. With clean hands, loosen the skin of the chicken and apply the butter mixture well under the skin and rub the remaining butter mixture all over the chicken.
4. Place the chicken in the baking tray.
6. Roast chicken in oven for about 90 minutes, basting the chicken after every 15 minutes, with cooking liquid flowing in the tray.
7. Remove the chicken from the oven, let it rest for sometime and carve it.