Ranchero Salsa Stuffed Chicken Breast
|Chicken breast||12 Large|
|Red onion slices||15 Gram, chopped|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), finely chopped|
|Salsa||48 Ounce (two 24 ounce containers of your favorite salsa)|
|Jalapeno||To Taste (Optional)|
|Orange juice/Pineapple juice||1 Bottle (1 l)|
|Garlic powder||3 Tablespoon|
|Ranchero seasoning||2 Tablespoon (Cattleman's Ranchero seasoning)|
|Pepperjack cheese||100 Gram, smoke|
1. Using a steak knife, cut pocket as shown in the video, into each chicken breast. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine red onion, garlic, salsa, and jalapeno. Give it a good stir.
3. Stuff salsa mixture into each pocket.
4. Using a toothpick, seal the opening.
5. Into zip lock bags, drop stuffed chicken breasts.
6. Pour 1/3 bottle of juice into each bag. Squeeze out air from the bag and seal it.
7. Put it in refrigerator and marinate for several hours.
8. Remove chicken from marinade, and place them on a tray.
9. Sprinkle garlic powder, and Ranchero seasoning on it. Flip and repeat on the other side.
10. Preheat pellet pits to 190 degree or if using wood pits then preheat to 245 degree.
11. Place chicken breasts on smoker and cook until it reaches an internal temperature of 168 degrees.
12. Top chicken with some smoked pepper jack cheese, and let it melt on top.
13. Serve stuffed chicken with dipping sauce.
Use two 1 gallon zip lock bags to place chicken breasts.
If using pellets pit cook for 1.5 hours, and then turn the heat up to 245 degree and continue cooking.
Calories 369 Calories from Fat 49
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.3%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g10.8%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 137.4 mg45.8%
Sodium 882.1 mg36.8%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.6 g2.4%
Sugars 13.4 g
Protein 56 g112%
Vitamin A 16.4% Vitamin C 89.6%
Calcium 19% Iron 13.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet