Boneless chicken breast stuffed with a killer combo of Rojos salsa, garlic, red onion and Jalapeno slices. Smoked over Peach wood pellets low and slow until internal temp reached 168 degrees. We then laid some smoked Pepper Jack on top top to melt for extra flavor.
Red onion slices
15 Gram, chopped
4 Clove (20 gm), finely chopped
48 Ounce (two 24 ounce containers of your favorite salsa)
To Taste (Optional)
Orange juice/Pineapple juice
1 Bottle (1 l)
2 Tablespoon (Cattleman's Ranchero seasoning)
100 Gram, smoke
1. Using a steak knife, cut pocket as shown in the video, into each chicken breast. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine red onion, garlic, salsa, and jalapeno. Give it a good stir.
3. Stuff salsa mixture into each pocket.
4. Using a toothpick, seal the opening.
5. Into zip lock bags, drop stuffed chicken breasts.
6. Pour 1/3 bottle of juice into each bag. Squeeze out air from the bag and seal it.
7. Put it in refrigerator and marinate for several hours.
8. Remove chicken from marinade, and place them on a tray.
9. Sprinkle garlic powder, and Ranchero seasoning on it. Flip and repeat on the other side.
10. Preheat pellet pits to 190 degree or if using wood pits then preheat to 245 degree.
11. Place chicken breasts on smoker and cook until it reaches an internal temperature of 168 degrees.
12. Top chicken with some smoked pepper jack cheese, and let it melt on top.
13. Serve stuffed chicken with dipping sauce.
Use two 1 gallon zip lock bags to place chicken breasts.
If using pellets pit cook for 1.5 hours, and then turn the heat up to 245 degree and continue cooking.