Got colds or just feeling cold?? Here is a delicious way to get well and warm!
Chicken leg quaters
250 Gram (sotanghon)
2 , cut into small pieces (leaves included)
2 Medium, julienned
1⁄2 , shredded
1 Tablespoon, mince
1⁄2 Medium, thinly sliced
Canola oil/Olive oil
2 Tablespoon (fish sauce)
1 Tablespoon, finely chopped
Toasted garlic bits
1 Dash (Optional)
1. Soak the vermicelli in water as per package directions.
2. In a pot, heat the water.
3. Add the chicken leg, cover and boil for 12 minutes.
4. Once cool, remove the chicken leg and shred it in pieces. Reserve the stock.
5. In a pan, heat the canola oil.
5. Add the garlic and saute it until fragrant.
6. Add the onions and the shredded chicken and continue cooking.
7. Spoon in patis or fish sauce. Stir to mix.
8. Pour in the chicken stock.
7. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Add the carrots, the vermicelli noodles, the shredded cabbage and the celery. Stir to mix in everything.
9. Allow the soup to boil for 5 minutes on high.
9. Garnish with green onions, toasted garlic bits and chili oil. Serve piping hot.