Chicken SOTANGHON (Vermicelli Chicken Noodle Soup)
|Chicken leg quaters||1 Large|
|Vermicelli||250 Gram (sotanghon)|
|Celery stalks||2 , cut into small pieces (leaves included)|
|Carrots||2 Medium, julienned|
|Cabbage||1⁄2 , shredded|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, mince|
|Onion||1⁄2 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Canola oil/Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Patis||2 Tablespoon (fish sauce)|
|Green onions||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Toasted garlic bits||1 Tablespoon|
|Chili oil||1 Dash (Optional)|
1. Soak the vermicelli in water as per package directions.
2. In a pot, heat the water.
3. Add the chicken leg, cover and boil for 12 minutes.
4. Once cool, remove the chicken leg and shred it in pieces. Reserve the stock.
5. In a pan, heat the canola oil.
5. Add the garlic and saute it until fragrant.
6. Add the onions and the shredded chicken and continue cooking.
7. Spoon in patis or fish sauce. Stir to mix.
8. Pour in the chicken stock.
7. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Add the carrots, the vermicelli noodles, the shredded cabbage and the celery. Stir to mix in everything.
9. Allow the soup to boil for 5 minutes on high.
9. Garnish with green onions, toasted garlic bits and chili oil. Serve piping hot.
Calories 977 Calories from Fat 347
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g59.3%
Saturated Fat 5.7 g28.3%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 93.7 mg31.2%
Sodium 1648.9 mg68.7%
Total Carbohydrates 113 g37.8%
Dietary Fiber 11.2 g44.8%
Sugars 15.3 g
Protein 40 g79.3%
Vitamin A 222.1% Vitamin C 107.8%
Calcium 12.3% Iron 19.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet