1. In a bowl, place the chicken pieces and season with salt and pepper, and rub well.
2. Allow the chicken to marinate for 10 minutes.
3. Cut the white part of the spring onion in large pieces.
4. In a bowl, mix together miso, mirin and sugar, to make awasemiso.
5. In a non-stick pan, heat sesame oil and sauté chicken for about 10 minutes or until it gets a golden brown crust.
6. In a baking tray, set aside the chicken and spring onion white pieces.
7. In the same non stick pan heat oil, sauté ginger, garlic and green onions for 2 minutes.
8. Stir in the awasemiso, until well mixed and thickened.
9. Spread the sauted mixture over chicken.
10. Toast the chicken for about 3 minutes or until crust forms.
11. Place the chicken on the serving plate along with spring onion white.
12. Sprinkle chopped green onion over Chicken misoyaki.
13. Drizzle nagasawake sauce around the chicken and serve hot.