Chipotle Glazed Roast Chicken Tacos with Pumpkin Rice
|Chicken||3 Pound (1)|
|Kosher salt||1 Tablespoon|
|Chipotle chili pepper in adobo sauce||2|
|Fresh orange juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh lime juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Honey almond||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||7 Tablespoon|
|Ground cumin||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|For pumpkin rice|
|Diced white onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cubed pumpkin||1 Cup (16 tbs) (or any other white squash)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Long grain white rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cilantro||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lime||1⁄4 , juice extracted|
|Roasted pumpkin seed||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Burrito shell||3 Large|
|Avocado||1 , chop|
|Sour cream||3 Teaspoon|
|Cilantro||1 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
1. For chicken, liberally rub kosher salt all over the chicken, including its cavity. Cover, and refrigerate for two hours.
2. For chipotle sauce, in blender add orange juice, lime juice, honey, garlic, chipotle pepper, and 6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Blend until smooth.
3. After 2 hours, take the chicken out of the refrigerator and massage 1 tablespoon of olive oil all over it.
4. Sprinkle cumin, and chili powder on it. Rub to coat it well.
5. Preheat the oven to 375 degree F.
6. Line a baking tray with foil, and place a roasting rack on it. Then, place chicken on roasting rack.
7. Place chicken in oven and roast for about 60 minutes or until its skin is crispy and chicken is cooked through.
8. Turn the oven to 425 degree F. Baste entire chicken with ¼ cup of chipotle sauce.
9. Return the chicken back into the oven and roast it for additional 15-20 minutes or until its internal temperature at thigh and breast reaches 165 degree when measured with thermometer. Tent chicken with foil if the skin starts to brown too much.
10. Remove chicken from the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes, before carving. Cut chicken into pieces.
11. For pumpkin rice, place a large skillet over medium high flame, and pour olive oil in it.
12. Drop onion and pumpkin in skillet. Saute until onion begins to caramelize.
13. Throw rice, cumin, and chili powder in it. Stir, and cook for a minute or until rice begins to toast.
14. Pour chicken stock, and bring it to a boil. Taste and season with salt.
15. Reduce the flame to low, cover the skillet with lid, and cook for 20 minutes or until done.
16. Add pumpkin seeds, cilantro, salt, pepper, and lime juice. Toss well.
17. On burrito shell, spoon pumpkin rice, top it with avocado, sour cream, cilantro, chicken pieces, and chipotle sauce.
18. Fold burrito shell and serve it immediately.