Chicken On A Stick & Strawberry Lemon Mojito
|For the yakitori sauce|
|Dashi||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Mirin||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sake||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), smashed|
|Ginger||10 Gram, smashed|
|For the skewers|
|Cherry tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shitake mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green onion||4 , cut into 2 inch long pieces|
|For the chicken|
|Whole chicken||1 , cut into small pieces|
|Sake||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|For the onigiri|
|Short grain rice||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked|
|Black sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|For lemon kosho|
|Lemon||1 , zested|
|Serrano chili||1 Large, chopped finely|
|For lemon ponzu|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Rice vinegar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Bonito flakes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Kelp seaweed||5 Gram|
|For the lemon strawberry mojito|
|Lemons||5 , ccut into wedges|
|Strawberries||1⁄2 Pound, cored|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Mint leaves||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Strawberry flavored sparkling water||1 Liter|
1. For the Yakitori Sauce: In a bowl, mix together the dashi broth, soy sauce, mirin, sake, sugar, honey, ginger and garlic.
2. Heat a pan and pour in the sauce. Cover and bring to a boil.
3. Remove the lid and let it simmer for 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
4. For the Skewers: Take a cherry tomato and wrap it with the bacon.
5. Skew in about 4-5 of such tomatoes in one skewer.
6. Take the shitake mushrooms and skew them in.
7. Cut the white part of the green onions and skew them in the base of the skewer to be used for the chicken pieces.
8. Skew in chicken pieces as shown in the video.
9. Throw the prepared skewers on the grill.
10. Season with salt the chicken. Do not salt the bacon wrapped tomatoes as they are already salted.
11. Once they look done, dip them in the yakitori sauce and further grill them. You need to dip in the sauce and grill multiple times in order to get the best results.
12. For the Yaki Onigiri: Mix cooked rice with black sesame seeds.
13. Take a ball of rice between the palms of your hands and shape into a triangle as shown.
14. Throw them on the grill. Flip them once and baste with the yakitori sauce. Set aside.
15. For Lemon Kosho: Zest a lemon and finely chop the Serrano pepper.
16. In a mortar and pestle, pound them along with the salt.
17. Refrigerate for at least 3 days.
18. For Lemon Ponzu: In a cup, pour the fresh lemon juice, soy sauce, rice vinegar, mirin, and add the bonito flakes and sea weed. Stir to combine.
19. Let it sit in the refrigerator for at least 5 days.
20. After 5 days, take it out, strain it and store in a glass jar.
21. For the Strawberry Lemon Mojito: In a big glass jar, add the lemon wedges.
22. Add the cored strawberries, mint leaves and muddle them well.
23. Pour in the strawberry flavored sparkling water and rum.
24. Pour in a glass filled with ice.
25. Serve the strawberry lemon mojito right away alongside the yakitori chicken and vegetables together with the lemon kosho and lemon ponzu sauce.