Sanzoku-Yaki (Large Fried Chicken)
|Chicken thigh meat with skin||300 Gram|
|For the seasoning|
|Grated garlic||1 Teaspoon|
|Ginger juice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Cracked black pepper||To Taste|
|Potato starch||2 Tablespoon (Katakuriko)|
|Vegetable oil||4 Cup (64 tbs) (for deep frying)|
|Cabbage leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs), torn|
1. Remove unwanted fat but leave the skin of chicken (because the skin makes the chicken crispier).
2. For the marinade: In a bowl, mix together grated garlic, ginger juice, soy sauce, honey, salt and black pepper. Mix together.
3. Add the chicken and marinate for 10 minutes.
4. Drain well and coat with katakuriko (potato starch).
5. Deep fry in oil at 160C (320F) for 7 minutes (flip the chicken once or twice). Then turn to 180C (356F) and cook for about 1 minute until crisp golden brown.
6. Slice the chicken into bite-size pieces.
7. Serve with torn cabbage leaves and mayonnaise.