Biscuit and Chicken Casserole
|Large flaky biscuits||1 Pound (1 packet)|
|Chicken thigh||1 Pound, cubed|
|Button mushroom/Crimini mushroom||1 Pound|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Parsley||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped finely|
|Fresh thyme leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Dry oregano||2 Teaspoon (or 1 teaspoon fresh oregano)|
|Chicken bouillon cube||7 Gram (1 cube)|
|Lemon zest||1 Tablespoon (zest of 1 lemon)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juice extracted|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
1. Clean leeks and cut it into half moon shapes.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degree.
3. Place a skillet on medium high heat, add olive oil and butter to melt. Drop mushroom and cook for 2-3 minutes or until they caramelize on one side.
4. Add leeks, thyme, and oregano in it. Reduce the heat, stir and cook for about 2 minutes.
5. Drop lemon zest, lemon juice, chicken, salt, pepper, and half of the parsley. Mix well. Cook for about 5-7 minutes or until chicken starts getting opaque.
6. Sprinkle bouillon cube on top, and stir to combine.
7. Throw mustard, mix and remove skillet from heat.
8. Drop flour to soak all the juices. Mix well.
9. In oven safe dish, transfer the mixture. Lay, and cover the mixture with biscuits.
10. Pop it in oven, and bake for 15 minutes or until biscuits are fluffy and starts to get color.
11. Remove from oven, sprinkle remaining parsley on top, and serve immediately.
You can buy or prepare biscuits at home.
Calories 765 Calories from Fat 343
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g59.7%
Saturated Fat 11.4 g57.2%
Trans Fat 5.3 g
Cholesterol 110.3 mg36.8%
Sodium 1440.2 mg60%
Total Carbohydrates 72 g23.9%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.8%
Sugars 15.6 g
Protein 37 g74.3%
Vitamin A 41.8% Vitamin C 52%
Calcium 13.9% Iron 42.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet