1. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. Place a fry pan on medium high heat, and pour oil in it. Swirl and coat bottom of pan with oil.
3. Drop chicken in hot oil. Cook for about 10 minutes or until golden brown, turning once while cooking.
4. Remove chicken pieces from pan, and place it on a plate. Set aside.
5. Reduce the heat to medium. Drop onion, garlic, and thyme in it. Stir, and cook for about 5 minutes or until aromatic and softened.
6. Sprinkle flour and cook for about a minute.
7. Add chicken broth, wine, lemon zest, lemon juice, and capers in pan.
8. Stir, and scrape up all the brown bits sticking at the bottom of pan. Bring it to boil.
9. Drop potatoes, and reduce the heat to medium low. Cover and cook for about 10 minutes.
10. Place chicken in pan, bone side up. Cover and cook until done.
11. Turn chicken skin side up, and place asparagus on top. Cover, and cook until asparagus is tender.
12. Serve lemon chicken hot and enjoy.
Perfectly cooked chicken should have an internal temperature of 165 degree F.