Japanese Style Chicken Tikka Masala
|House kokumaro curry sauce mix (med hot)||1 Ounce|
|Chicken breast||200 Gram|
|Tomato juice||190 Milliliter, salted|
|Fresh cream||100 Milliliter|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Sweetened yogurt||80 Gram|
|Cooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Slice the chicken breast into bite-size pieces and season with sweetened yogurt and ketchup.
2. Slice the onion.
3. In a pan, heat the butter and saute the onions on medium until soft and lightly browned.
4. Add the seasoned chicken breast and simmer on medium, stirring constantly, for about 2 minutes.
5. When the chicken starts to change color, add salted tomato juice and water, then simmer on low for about 5 minutes.
6. Turn off the heat, break up the curry roux into the pot, and mix well until completely melted. Make sure you stop the heat when you add the curry roux, otherwise it won't blend well.
7. Put the pan back on heat and simmer for about 3 minutes.
6. Add fresh cream and soy sauce, and let boil for a few seconds.
7. Serve curry on a hot bed of rice and sprinkle with some parsley flakes if desired. You can serve with naan bread also.
Curry and rice is best eaten on the day it's made but if you have any leftover, store it in the fridge and finish it on the next day, but it is not recommended.
If you have leftover curry roux, wrap in a plastic wrap and store it in the fridge and use within a week.