More whackiness in the Eco Rico kitchen as Giselle, her Mom and daughter cook a country Puerto Rican dish - pollo encebollao (chicken smothered in onions) seasoned with homemade adobo. Some organic vino keeps the women loose...
Chicken breast boneless skinless
For adobo seasoning
Apple cider vinegar
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
12 Clove (60 gm)
1. For making adobo seasoning – In a bowl take garlic powder, garlic powder, oregano and sea salt.
2. Butterfly the breast pieces.
3. In a large bowl take chicken breast and sprinkle the adobo seasoning over it and rub.
4. Keep the seasoned chicken aside.
5. In a muddler take garlic and sea salt crush it.
6. In a bowl take olive oil and apple cider vinegar add in the garlic mixture and oregano. Whisk well.
7. Pour the marinade over the chicken.
8. Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add in the chicken and sauté for 10 minutes on both the side. Remember to take out garlic from the chicken as it is going to get burn.
9. Take out the chicken from the skillet, add in the onions and pour in the left marinate. Sauté onion until it becomes translucent.
10. Pour the onion sauce over the chicken.
11. Garnish Sautéed Chicken with cilantro leaves and lemon juice and serve with rice.