Delicious, Moist and Juicy:How to Roast a Chicken
|Whole chicken||3 Pound|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 Large, dice (1/2 for stuffing the chicken + 1/2 to go with the potatoes)|
|Rosemary||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Baby carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Celery stalks||2 , cut into inch long pieces|
|Chicken rub||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
1. Pre heat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Throw away the innards of the chicken and clean the cavity. Wash and set aside.
3. On a roasting rack, add the washed and quartered red potatoes.
4. Add half the onions.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Drizzle olive oil on the potatoes and onions.
7. Sprinkle a little rosemary leaves.
8. Now take two garlic cloves and insert it between the skin and the flesh of the chicken.
9. Smear the chicken with the rub.
10. Insert the remaining onions, lemon half, rosemary sprigs in the cavity and tuck the wings of the bird underneath.
11. Place on the bed of potatoes.
12. Bake on the bottom rack of the oven for about 75 minutes or until all juices run clear.
13. Check the internal temperature of the chicken with a food thermometer. If it is 165 degrees then the chicken is done.
14. Let it rest for a few minutes once out of the oven. Carve and enjoy.
Calories 491 Calories from Fat 245
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.9%
Saturated Fat 7.8 g39.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 127.6 mg42.5%
Sodium 394.5 mg16.4%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g8.9%
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23.3%
Sugars 3.7 g
Protein 35 g69.6%
Vitamin A 61.5% Vitamin C 39.7%
Calcium 9.6% Iron 20%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet