Chicken and bacon makes the dish perfect for any party!
1 Pound, cut into cubes
2 , dice
1 Large, dice
Gluten freen bacon slices
5 , chop
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
2 Can (20 oz)
Fresh basil leaves
5 , chiffonade
1⁄2 Teaspoon (or more to taste)
1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground
1. Warm the olive oil in a stockpot over medium-high heat.
2. Add in the shallots and carrots; cook for 5 minutes, until shallots start to become translucent.
3. Add in the bacon and cook for 7 minutes, stirring to prevent burning or sticking.
4. Lower heat to medium and add chicken and brown sugar.
5. After sugar has thoroughly melted, reduce heat to medium-low and add the canned beans with the liquid from the cans.
6. Stir in the basil, paprika, chili powder and salt and pepper. Allow to cook for at least 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Serve White Chicken Chili with Bacon with tossed salad and enjoy.
This recipe can be made in the slow cooker. Add all ingredients to slow cooker crock and stir to blend. Cook on low for 5 hours or more.