An invitation from fans of Chow Time. Herb-roasted Cornish game hens with a Maple-Mustard-Cherry glaze - and a side of piano.
Herbs de provence
For maple mustard cherry glaze
1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
Black cherry juice
3 Cup (48 tbs)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees fahrenheit
2. Stuff each hen with a whole onion.
3. In a bowl, mix the olive oil and herbs de provence and brush the game hens with this mix.
4. Next, season with salt and pepper.
5. Pop into the oven for 20 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and baste the chickens.
7. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees fahrenheit and return the chicken to the oven for 10 more minutes.
8. For Maple-Mustard cherry Glaze: In a pan, heat the spicy mustard, maple syrup and black cherry juice and bring to boil and stir. Reduce to half.
9. Pour the maple-mustard sauce over the chicken.
10. Plate and serve the chicken as main course.