1.Place one layer of chicken pieces in a container and marinate with pinch of salt, pepper, sweet chilli paprika, basil and repeat the process for additional layers of chicken and refrigerate for the night.
2. Preheat the oven to 250C (480F).
3. Chop the carrots and onions.
4. In a pan, with hot oil, fry the onions until softened.
5. Scatter the onions, carrots and peas on the oven-tray and add rice.
6. Add boiling water, salt, pepper and chicken broth and then the chicken pieces.
7. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
8.Serve just about at dinner time with freshly cut salad if you like.