I don't think you can ever have too many quick chicken recipes in your stash. Here's one for lemon hot salt chicken that is a true blast from my past. If you're from the south chances are you've had this super easy, quick and tasty roasted chicken. This chicken roasts up super tender, juicy and moist. The homemade hot salt blend is mild yet flavorful.
For mild hot salt mix
Smoked salt/Hickory salt
1 1⁄4 Teaspoon
Chipotle chilli pepper
Red pepper flakes
5 Pound, cut into large pieces
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. In a bowl, mix the hot salt spices together. Set aside.
3. Add lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of the hot salt to the melted butter and stir to combine.
4. Dip each piece of chicken in the butter mixture.
5. Place chicken on a roasting pan or grilling pan.
6. When all the chicken has been dipped in butter, sprinkle generously with more hot salt to cover it completely.
7. Add the extra butter if desired.
8. Bake for around 35 minutes or until juices run clear.
9. Turn on the broiler the last few minutes of cooking to crisp the skin more if desired.
10. Let chicken rest for 10 minutes when it comes out of the oven.
11. In a serving plate, serve the chicken hot or cold with any side dish of choice preferably a sweet one like grilled sweet corn.
It can be marinated in the fridge to maximize the flavors or throw it right into the oven.