Stuffed Chicken Breast
|Chicken breast boneless skinless||16 Ounce|
|Ham slices/Proscuitto||4 Medium|
|Cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded (any kind that melts)|
|Bread crumbs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Dry sage||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a shallow dish put the breadcrumbs and add garlic powder, paprika, cayenne, salt and sage. Mix well. Set aside.
3. In a bowl, beat the 2 eggs. Add the milk and mustard. Mix well. Set aside.
4. Into another shallow dish put the flour.
5. Cut the breasts in half. Remove any excess meat and keep for other use. Using a sharp knife, cut a slit on the thick part of the breast to form a pocket. Be careful not to cut the breast all the way through. Add salt and pepper on both sides and in the inside (Use salt sparingly).
6. Place a folded piece of ham and some grated cheese into the breast. Set aside.
7. Dredge the chicken in the flour and shake off excess.
8. Dip it into the egg and shake off excess. Place the chicken on the bread crumb and coat well. Shake off excess.
9. Heat a skillet with some olive oil. When the skillet is really hot place the chicken in the pan and cook until one side is browned.
10. Flip and brown other side as well. Be careful not to burn the coating.
11. Place the chicken in a baking pan and bake for about 17 minutes until breast is cooked through and cheese melts.
12. On a serving platter, cut each breast in half and serve with any side of choice.
Suggested sides – Ginger Garlic String Beans; Roasted Brussels Sprouts or Cajun Style Sweet Potatoes.
Calories 240 Calories from Fat 95
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.6%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g18.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 98.7 mg32.9%
Sodium 487.4 mg20.3%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.3%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 22 g44.2%
Vitamin A 15.4% Vitamin C 3%
Calcium 10.3% Iron 10.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet