1. Finely chop your garlic, chilly, onion and capsicum.
2. Blend the lemon grass in the food processor
3. Place your raw chicken in a dish.
4. Add the lemon grass, garlic and chillies.
5. Then add Fish sauce,salt and pepper for the chicken to marinate in all the spices.
6. Mix it together real well and let it sit for 30 minutes so as to soak in all the juices.
7. Heat a pan on medium heat, add sugar and wait until it turns brown.
8. As soon as the sugar starts to caramelize, add the chicken to the pan and fry for 5-7 minutes.
9. Now add the onions, capsicum and cook for ten minutes.
10. Add the water and turn the heat to high until it starts boiling.
11. Add some more salt and fish sauce.
12. Now to thicken the gravy add corn flour with water and bring to a boil and turn of the heat.
13. Sprinkle some coriander and spring onions before serving with a bowl of rice.