Honey Sesame Chicken
|Chicken breasts||2 Large, skinless|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (as needed, to taste)|
|Black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon, freshly cracked (as needed, to taste)|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (low sodium)|
|Canola oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, chopped finely|
|White onion||2 Tablespoon, diced|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon (as needed)|
1) In a plate, place the chicken breasts and season with salt and black pepper on both sides.
2) In the slow cooker, lay the chicken breasts at the bottom.
3) In a bowl, add the honey, soy sauce, canola oil, garlic, onion, ketchup and red pepper flakes.
4) Mix the ingredients and pour the honey mixture over the chicken breasts in the slow cooker.
5) Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 3 hours or on high for 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours.
6) Transfer the chicken breasts to a cutting board and cut into bite-size pieces.
7) In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water.
8) Stir the cornstarch mixture into the slow cooker liquid, cook for 10 minutes.
9) Return the chicken pieces back into the slow cooker, stir to coat the chicken pieces nicely with the sauce.
10) Spoon the Honey Sesame Chicken over cooked rice, sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve immediately.
Calories 279 Calories from Fat 58
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.1%
Saturated Fat 0.79 g3.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 42 mg14%
Sodium 1275.5 mg53.1%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.96 g3.8%
Sugars 33.2 g
Protein 19 g37.5%
Vitamin A 0.6% Vitamin C 3.8%
Calcium 5.5% Iron 9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet