Watch as Chef/mom Ariane Duarte cooks one of DinnerTool's Slow Cooker Showdown contest finalist recipe submissions.
2 Large, skinless
1⁄2 Teaspoon (as needed, to taste)
1⁄8 Teaspoon, freshly cracked (as needed, to taste)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (low sodium)
1 Teaspoon, chopped finely
2 Tablespoon, diced
Red pepper flakes
1 Tablespoon (as needed)
1) In a plate, place the chicken breasts and season with salt and black pepper on both sides.
2) In the slow cooker, lay the chicken breasts at the bottom.
3) In a bowl, add the honey, soy sauce, canola oil, garlic, onion, ketchup and red pepper flakes.
4) Mix the ingredients and pour the honey mixture over the chicken breasts in the slow cooker.
5) Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 3 hours or on high for 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours.
6) Transfer the chicken breasts to a cutting board and cut into bite-size pieces.
7) In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water.
8) Stir the cornstarch mixture into the slow cooker liquid, cook for 10 minutes.
9) Return the chicken pieces back into the slow cooker, stir to coat the chicken pieces nicely with the sauce.
10) Spoon the Honey Sesame Chicken over cooked rice, sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve immediately.