Marinated Chicken with Oven Sweet Potato Fries
|Chicken drumsticks||12 Medium|
|Soy sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Oranges||2 Large, juiced|
|Orange zest||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic cloves||2 Large, minced|
|Sweet potatoes||6 Medium, cut into quarters|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
1. Wash and pat dry the chicken drumsticks.
2. Whisk the soy sauce, honey, orange juice, zest and garlic in a bowl. Pour the marinade onto the chicken and refrigerate for one hour in a sealed bag.
3. Turn the oven on broil.
4. Cut the sweet potatoes into quarters.
5. Place the chicken drumsticks in a large baking pan. Pour all the marinade on the chicken and put in the oven.
6. Turn the chicken drumsticks around every 5 minutes for 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked and skin is caramelized.
7. FOR THE SWEET POTATOES: Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
8. Place quartered sweet potatoes in a roasting pan.
9. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt & pepper.
10. Cook in oven for 30 minutes or until potatoes are cooked and lightly browned.
11. In a serving plate, serve the drumsticks with the hot sweet potatoes.
Calories 667 Calories from Fat 124
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.4%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g13.2%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 135.1 mg45%
Sodium 4369 mg182%
Total Carbohydrates 94 g31.2%
Dietary Fiber 9.9 g39.8%
Sugars 50.5 g
Protein 45 g89.3%
Vitamin A 644.9% Vitamin C 97.4%
Calcium 15% Iron 26.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet