Italian Bean Salad With Barbecued Chicken
|Cooked cannellini beans||10 Ounce (1 can, FOR ITALIAN BEAN SALAD)|
|Cherry tomatoes||10 Small, cut in quarters (FOR ITALIAN BEAN SALAD)|
|Rocket leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (FOR ITALIAN BEAN SALAD)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 Medium, juiced (FOR ITALIAN BEAN SALAD)|
|Feta cheese||2 Tablespoon, crumbled (FOR ITALIAN BEAN SALAD)|
|Basil leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon, chopped (FOR ITALIAN BEAN SALAD)|
|White vinegar||1 Tablespoon (FOR ITALIAN BEAN SALAD)|
|Rapeseed oil||2 Tablespoon (or extra virgin olive oil, FOR ITALIAN BEAN SALAD)|
|Red onion||1⁄2 Small, chopped (FOR ITALIAN BEAN SALAD)|
|Sea salt||1 Pinch (to taste, FOR ITALIAN BEAN SALAD)|
|Pepper||1 Pinch (to taste, FOR ITALIAN BEAN SALAD)|
|Chicken fillet||1 Large, cut in half lengthwise (boneless)|
|Salt||1 Pinch (to taste)|
|Smoked paprika||1 Pinch (to taste)|
|Chorizo sausage||4 (CHORIZO WRAPPED ASPARAGUS)|
|Asparagus sprigs||8 Medium (CHORIZO WRAPPED ASPARAGUS)|
|Cooking oil spray||1|
1. Take the chicken fillet, cut it into half lengthwise.
2. Make a sheet using cling wrap. Place the chicken pieces over it. Cover it with another sheet of cling wrap.
3. Using a stick or pestle, beat the chicken evenly to make thin sheets.
4. Remove the wrap from top. Sprinkle salt, pepper, and paprika powder to taste and rub it over the chicken to coat evenly.
5. Place the wrap again on top and put it in the fridge for a few minutes or till the asparagus wraps are ready to cook.
6. Chop the cherry tomatoes, red onion, basil leaves separately.
7. Heat the barbecue.
8. ITALIAN BEAN SALAD: In a bowl, take cooked cannellini beans. Add cherry tomatoes, rocket leaves, lemon juice, feta cheese, basil, white vinegar, rape seed oil, red onion, salt and pepper. Toss it well to coat all the ingredients.
9. CHORIZO WRAPPED ASPARAGUS: Wrap 2 asparagus sprigs with a chorizo sausage. Make 4 of them. Spray cooking oil over them.
10. Place them on the barbecue with the chicken. Cook for a few minutes till they are cooked.
11. In a serving plate, put some Italian salad on a side. Place the chicken fillets on the other side. Put the asparagus on it and serve hot.
Calories 1206 Calories from Fat 776
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 84 g129.4%
Saturated Fat 25.2 g125.9%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 191 mg63.7%
Sodium 2916.8 mg121.5%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g17.9%
Dietary Fiber 11.8 g47.2%
Sugars 7.7 g
Protein 55 g109.6%
Vitamin A 43.7% Vitamin C 59.7%
Calcium 23.4% Iron 25.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet