A fun variation on chicken or eggplant parmesan from the grill - grilled chicken cutlets, eggplant, summer squash with a variety of melted cheese options - paired with pasta in vodka sauce.
1 1⁄2 Pound
1 Large, slice
1 Medium, slice
1 Medium, slice
6 Clove (30 gm), mince
3 Tablespoon (Tuscan Grill Rub, as required)
Red chili flakes
2 Tablespoon (for curing the vegetables)
Cracked black pepper
1 Teaspoon (or to taste)
1. In a small bowl, mix together olive oil and garlic.
2. Place chicken pieces on the working area. Spread the garlic, olive oil mixture on it.
3. Also, spread mixture on veggies.
4. Season chicken and veggies with Tuscan grill mix. Sprinkle on both sides.
5. Sprinkle chili flakes and keep it aside.
6. Place the veggies on the grill, at very high heat, and given them a quick sear.
7. Then place the chicken piece on grill. Flip and cook until brown.
8. Remove chicken pieces and veggies from grill.
9. Place them in layers, with cheese between all the layers.
10. Finish with a cheese layer on top.
11. Place them again on the grill. Just make it warm so that the cheese melts.
12. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top, and serve grilled chicken with pasta.
Slice squash, zucchini, and eggplant lengthwise about a 1/4 –inch or so.
Lay them on a kitchen towel, and sprinkle sea salt on top. Allow it to rest for half an hour.
Then using a towel dab the moisture out of them, and now they are ready for perfect grilling.
Cut the chicken piece into half and then flatten them in thin slices.
If you do not have Tuscan grill then you may use a mixture of salt pepper, and thyme.
Do not overcook the chicken. Slightly underdone is perfect.
You may use any kind of cheese. Spicy jack cheese will make the dish a little spicy.