Real Texas Chicken Diablo Part 1
|Chicken breasts||4 Medium|
|Garlic||3 Teaspoon, minced|
|Serrano peppers||2 Teaspoon, minced|
|Jalapeno peppers||2 Teaspoon, minced|
|Garlic pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon, freshly ground|
|Eggs||5 Large, the whites seperated and beaten till frothy|
|Corn starch||500 Gram|
|Chilli oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|White onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), minced|
|Green onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), minced|
1. Mince the garlic.
2. Mince the white onions.
3. Mince the green onions.
4. Beat the egg whites, until they are frothy.
5. In a deep bowl, mix the garlic, Serrano peppers, jalapeno peppers, white onions, green onions, garlic salt, garlic peppers, red pepper flakes and black pepper together.
6. Spread the cornstarch in a plate.
7. Dip the chicken breasts in the egg white. Coat them with the cornstarch.
8. Dust off the excess cornstarch and lay the chicken breasts in a plate.
9. In a non stick frying skillet, heat 1 cups of oil and fry the chicken breasts, on medium heat. Cook them for 3 to 5 minutes on each side.
10. In a fresh frying skillet, heat the chilli oil, on medium heat and fry the green onion-garlic mixture. Add some garlic salt to taste. Stir continuously, to prevent the onions from getting browned.
11. Add the fried chicken breasts and mix well, to coat with the chilli oil and onions. Cook until the chicken is done.
12. Serve the Chicken Diablo, with some Spanish rice, guacamole and Jalapeno Peas for an avante’ grade real Texas fusion meal.
Calories 4420 Calories from Fat 3109
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 350 g537.7%
Saturated Fat 42.4 g211.9%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 663.3 mg221.1%
Sodium 1984.2 mg82.7%
Total Carbohydrates 244 g81.4%
Dietary Fiber 6.7 g27%
Sugars 5.6 g
Protein 73 g145.7%
Vitamin A 45.5% Vitamin C 56.6%
Calcium 16.2% Iron 38.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet