Alex’s Secret Baked Chicken Strips
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|All purpose flour||6 Tablespoon (1/3 cup)|
|Saltine crackers||2 Cup (32 tbs), crushed (about 11/2 sleeves)|
|Italian seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic bread sprinkle||1 Teaspoon|
|Cracked black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Chicken breast||1 Pound|
|Vegetable oil/Canola oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (for frying)|
1. The first thing you do is cut your chicken breast into strips. You can cut them whatever size you prefer, we usually go about 1 inch-ish.
2. Then, get your ingredients ready for the wet and dry dredging.
3. Crack the egg into a shallow pan, add the tsp of minced garlic and whisk them together.
4. In a separate pan, mix together the flour, crushed saltines, bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, salt, garlic bread sprinkle and pepper.
5. Next up is the dredging fun! Take the strips of chicken and run them first through the egg mixture and then coat them with the dry mixture and set them on a plate to wait for the frying.
6. Heat about 1/4 inch of the oil in pan until hot. When the oil is shimmery hot, place the strips in the pan.
7. When side one of the strip is lightly browned, flip them over and continue frying until cooked through (total cooking time is about 8 to 10 minutes, depending on how thick the breasts are cut.
8. Place the done pieces on a paper-toweled plate to drain off the excess oil and then you’re ready to serve.
9. Enjoy hot and crispy with ketchup or mayo!