Delicious roast chicken! A great comfort food that is satisfying and easy to throw together!
1 Medium, quartered
2 Teaspoon, divided
2 Teaspoon, divided (To taste)
1. Preheat Oven to 425 degrees.
2. Cut the onion into chunks and place on a roasting pan.
3. Cut the potatoes into big chunks and throw them in the roasting pan.
4. Place the carrots in the pan to form a nice layer of vegetables.
5. Rinse the chicken and pat it dry with paper towels.
6. Place the chicken on top of the layer of the vegetables.
7. Salt and pepper the inside of the chicken.
8. Quarter a lemon and place inside the cavity.
9. Using kitchen string tie the legs together.
10.Tuck the wing tips under the body of the chicken.
11.Melt the butter and brush on the outside of the chicken.
12.Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
13.Roast in the oven for 90 minutes until the juices run clear or use a thermometer to ensure it is cooked.
14.Remove the chicken from the oven and place it on a different pan and cover with aluminium foil. Let it rest for 15 minutes.
15.Place the veggies back in the oven for 15 minutes to caramelize.
16.Remove the veggies from the oven and replace it back in the chicken platter.
17.Snip off the kitchen string from the bird.
18.Carve the chicken and serve with the veggies.