The ultimate guide on how to cook a chicken from Donald Russell, the online butcher.
Chef Eddie McDonald describes the ideal cooking method on how to cook a Chicken from the development kitchen in Inverurie, Scotland.
1 Medium (Free Range Bird)
Freshly ground black pepper
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1. Defrost the bird in the refrigerator overnight.
2. Pre heat the oven to 230 degrees Celsius or 445 degrees Farenheit.
3. Wash with cold water and pat it dry. Allow it to come to room temperature.
4. Brush the exterior of the chicken with the oil.
5. Generously season with salt and pepper.
6. Stick it in the pre heated oven for 15 minutes.
7. Lower the temperature to 180 degrees Celsius or 355 degrees Farenheit and bake for 50 minutes.
8. Take it out from the oven and insert a skewer in the thickest part of the skewer and make sure the juices run clear.
9. Let it rest for 10 minutes.Carve it and serve it up.
This video shows how to know when a whole chicken is done cooking and also talks of different ideas of flavoring it. Follow this video as a second part to another video by the name of How to Cook a Whole Chicken - Part 1.