|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), reserve 4 tablespoon|
|Eggs||2 , reserve 1 egg yolk for filling|
|Whole milk/Half and half||2 Cup (32 tbs), reserve ½ cup separately for the egg wash.|
|Boneless chicken breasts||4 Large|
|Mozzarella cheese||8 Ounce|
|Provolone cheese/Swiss cheese||8 Ounce|
|Cottage cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Reserve 4 Tablespoon For The Roux)|
|Eggs||2 Medium (Reserve 1 Egg Yolk For The Filling)|
|Cracker crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cooking oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Whole milk/Half and half||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Reserve 0.5 Cup Separately For The Egg Wash)|
|White wine||1 Dash|
|Cracked black pepper||1 Pinch|
1. Place each chicken breast between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound flat into thin and even scallopini using a rolling pin or a meat hammer.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
3. In a bowl, combine the cottage/cream cheese, 1 egg yolk and Parmesan cheese. Blend well.
4. On each of the flattened chicken pieces, place cheese once slice of mozzarella and provolone cheese. Spoon 1/4 of the cheese mixture on top.
5. Roll up the chicken fillets into neat parcels and secure with toothpicks to keep in shape.
6. Blend 1 egg and 1 egg white with 1/2 cup milk to make a wash.
7. Dredge the chicken roll ups in flour, dip in egg and roll in cracker crumbs.
8. In a skillet, heat the oil. When hot, brown the chicken roll-up evenly on all sides.
9. Transfer the Chicken Duchess to a casserole dish. Place in the preheated oven and cook for another 20-25 minutes.
10. In the meantime, to make the sauce, in a saucepan, melt the butter, add garlic and saute 1 minutes. Add 4 tablespoons of the reserved flour and saute to make a roux. Stir and cook for 1 minute until it comes together.
11. Gradually pour in the milk, while whisking constantly with a wire whisk or wooden spoon until roux and liquid is well blended.
12. Season with salt and pepper and add a dash of white wine. Stir constantly until sauce thickens.
13. Serve the Chicken Duchess with the sauce spooned on top.