La Romanza Bistro Italiano's Roasted Chicken
|For the chicken|
|Young chicken||24 Ounce (12 ounce each)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh rosemary||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Carrots||2 Medium, sliced|
|Celery stalk||2 , slice|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs), warm|
|Extra virgin olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Teaspoon, minced|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Fresh rosemary||1⁄2 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|For the parmesan bruschetta|
|French bread slices||4|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
1. Wash chickens in cold water, remove innards, scrub skin and pat dry.
2. With a sharp chef’s knife, cut the chicken vertically, down the breast so it will lay flat in the pan when searing. Spine stays intact. Cut away excess fat as well.
3. Rub chickens with a generous amount of garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper, and rosemary.
4. Place each chicken in a zip lock bag, add the fresh lemon juice, and put the rinds in the bag.
5. Close the zip lock bag and massage the oil, lemon and spices into the chicken. Refrigerate overnight.
6. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
7. Using cast iron skillet, set heat to medium high. Cover skillet with olive oil.
8. Sear chicken breast side down for 8 minutes. Then flip it over and sear for another 5 minutes.
9. To the pan, add the carrots and celery, juices from the zip lock bag, the juice and rinds from fresh lemons, and warm chicken broth.
10. Bake for 20 minutes in hot oven, until vegetables are tender.
11. Meanwhile for making parmesan bruschetta - Rub the fresh peeled and cut end of garlic clove directly onto both sides of sliced French bread.
12. Dredge bread first in olive oil, then in parmesan. Bake in oven while chicken is cooking in oven - for 10 minutes.
13. When chicken is cooked thoroughly, remove chickens from pan and set aside.
14. For making reduction sauce – Heat a medium sized sauté pan and coat with olive oil and garlic.
15. When garlic begins to sizzle, pour liquid and vegetables from roasting pan, into sauté pan.
16. Add in the butter and reduce liquid over high heat by swirling saucepan in a circular motion over the burner until thickened.
17. Place bruschetta on serving platter, put chicken on top of bruschetta and drizzle reduction sauce and vegetables over the chicken. Serve immediately!
For more recipes please visit The Brown Lounge Website