Join Toby for some fast food on this video- a delicious chicken tender recipe developed by contributor Chef Lindsey Singleton. The kids (or grandkids) are going to love this if you decide to leave any for them.
1 Pound, cut into 1 inch strips
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)
Low fat butter milk
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
Low sodium parmesan cheese
2 Tablespoon, grated
1 Teaspoon, chopped
Any vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a small bowl, put together panko bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, garlic salt, pepper and chopped parsley; mix well.
3. Now set up a breading station with 3 flat bottom dishes or plates.
4. In one plate take flour, egg substitute and buttermilk in second dish and breadcrumb mixture in third.
5. In a large skillet heat oil over medium high heat.
6. Take each chicken piece at a time and dredge in flour, then dip in egg substitute mixture and finally roll over the breadcrumb mixture.
7. Add chicken pieces to the skillet and brown them on each side for 3 minutes.
8. Transfer the chicken breasts on to a baking tray and bake it in preheated oven for 5 minutes on each side.
9. Serve crispy chicken breasts with salad for a delicious and healthy meal.