Chicken Mojito with Couscous and Roasted Asparagus
|Chicken breast||1 Pound, cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks|
|Asparagus spears||2 Bunch (200 gm)|
|Slivered almonds||4 Tablespoon (1/4 cup)|
|Onion||8 Tablespoon, chopped (1/2 cup)|
|Garlic clove||2 Medium, minced|
|Fresh mint||4 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Lime zest||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Lime juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Couscous||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Rum||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Cooking oil spray||1 Dash|
|Cracked black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
1. Gather a small saucepan, large skillet, baking sheet, medium mixing bowl, wooden spoon, tongs, serving plate.
2. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
3. In the small saucepan, heat 11/4 cups of the chicken broth, on low heat, to a boil.
4. Cut the rough ends of the asparagus and lay them in a single layer on the baking sheet. Spay them with a little olive oil or cooking spray and season them with salt and pepper.
5. Bake the asparagus in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
6. Pour the couscous into a medium bowl. Add the heated chicken broth to it, cover the bowl and let the couscous absorb the liquid and swell up.
7. Preheat the skillet over medium heat, Add olive oil to the skillet,
8. Add chopped onion to the oil. Then add garlic, sugar and chicken.
9. Turn heat up to medium high and sauté the chicken until it is golden brown on all sides. Then reduce the heat and stir occasionally.
10. Sprinkle almonds over the baked asparagus and continue to bake until the almonds are toasted, about 2-4 minutes more.
11. Add lime juice to the chicken
12. Take the skillet off the heat and pour in the rum.
13. Return the skillet to the stove and add lime zest or freshly grate it right over the chicken.
14. Add more salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle the chopped mint leaves.
15. Fluff the couscous with a fork.
16. Spoon couscous over the platter.
17. Put chicken mixture over the couscous
18. Arrange the asparagus on the sides of the chicken on the platter. Don’t forget the almonds.