1. Heat a flat sauté pan, over medium high heat.
2. When hot, drizzle in olive oil and heat until smoking.
3. Sear the chicken breasts in the hot pan for 2-3 minutes per side until lightly browned. Remove them to a plate.
4. Add the onions and mushrooms to the pan and sauté until soft and tender.
5. Add water to deglaze the pan and cook the vegetables a little longer in their own juices.
6. Add sour cream and blend with the vegetables and juices in the pan.
7. Return chicken to the sauce in the pan and cook for another 10 minutes or so until tender and cooked through.
8. Taste and add a little salt and pepper if needed. If on a low sodium diet, avoid the salt.
9. Arrange chicken on serving plate and spoon the mushrooms and sauce on top.
The words “Healthy” and “Creamy” in the same dish seems almost misleading doesn’t it? But this recipe will change the way you perceive healthy cooking. A great way to diversify the way to cook and enjoy chicken the healthy way, this recipe uses some familiar and easy techniques and combines four simple, healthy and delicious ingredients to make a one-pan wonder meal in less than 20 minutes.