1. Heat oven to 350°F.
2. Line a baking tray with foil and spray it with olive oil spray.
3. Between pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper, place each chicken breast smooth side down; gently pound with flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin until about 1/4 inch thick. Alternatively if you have good knife skills, butterfly the chicken breasts as shown in the video. This would need a bit of practice and technique.
4. In medium bowl, mix cream cheese, mozzarella and spinach until blended.
5. Spread about 11/2 tablespoon of this mixture over each chicken breast; roll up tightly and neatly. If necessary, secure with toothpicks.
6. In small shallow bowl, thin out the beaten egg with a little egg wash.
7. In a shallow bowl, mix cracker crumbs and parmesan cheese.
8. Dip each chicken breast roll up into egg wash and then coat with crumb mixture. Use one hand to dip in egg and the other dry hand to roll in cracker crumbs.
9. Place seam side down on foil lined and greased baking tray.
10. Bake uncovered 20 to 25 minutes.
11. Remove toothpicks from chicken if used.
12. Cut chicken rollatini into half for better presentation. The cheese will ooze out onto the plate! Yum.
13. You can pour some healthy, low-sodium low-fat pasta sauce or tomato sauce over the chicken if you like.
You can prepare the roll ups in advance and refrigerate them. Bread and bake just before serving.
Think a classic like stuffed chicken Parmesan can't be improved? Think again. The same savory crunch now yields to a cheesy, melty inside so good, you may forget the original existed. This chicken Parmesan recipe retains all that cheesy goodness but without all the extra fat and calories of this traditional dish. It's fancy, tasty and heart healthy and perfect for entertaining with at a party when your guests are calorie conscious! Try this healthified recipe by Chef Bink’s who replaces fatty ingredients wi
Healthy Cheese And Spinach Stuffed Chicken Rollatini Recipe Video