Sweet Balsamic Orange Chicken with Basmati Brown Rice
|For the chicken breast|
|Chicken breast boneless skinless||4|
|Arugula leaves||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|For the marinade|
|Balsamic vinegar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Orange zest||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh orange juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dark brown sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|For the dry rub|
|Dark brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Smoked paprika powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Kosher salt||1 Pinch|
|For the rice|
|Basmati brown rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Low sodium chicken broth/Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), mince|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Italian parsley||3 Tablespoon, chop|
|Fresh thyme||2 Tablespoon, chop|
|Fresh basil||2 Tablespoon, chop|
|Green onion||1 Medium, chop|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
1. Mince the garlic; chop the Italian parsley, fresh basil, fresh thyme and green onions. Keep it separate in different bowls.
2. Preheat the oven at 350 degree.
3. In a pot combine balsamic vinegar, orange zest, fresh orange juice and 2/3 cup of dark brown sugar.
4. Cook for 15-20 minutes until reduced.
5. Once the marinade is ready inject the chicken breast with the marinade.
6. Once done, in a bowl combines 2 tablespoon brown sugar, smoked paprika, salt and pepper.
7. Season the chicken with the dry rub and pull back the skin and season the rub inside the cavity.
8. Bake the chicken in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes.
9. In a pot combine the low sodium chicken broth with the basmati rice, olive oil, garlic and pinch of salt.
10. Cook the rice until it’s done around 15 minutes, once done drizzle 2 tablespoon of olive oil and lightly coat the rice.
11. Add the chopped herbs along with the green onion over the cooked rice.
12. Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
13. Serve the baked chicken and basmati rice on a bed of arugula leaves and drizzle some of the leftover marinade over the chicken.
Calories 812 Calories from Fat 132
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25.1%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 99.8 mg33.3%
Sodium 326 mg13.6%
Total Carbohydrates 118 g39.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.3 g21.1%
Sugars 63.2 g
Protein 49 g98.8%
Vitamin A 50.3% Vitamin C 83.3%
Calcium 19.1% Iron 28.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet