Graziella Baratta, recreates the classic chicken cutlet Fit Foodie style. Paired with a simple side dish, you can't go wrong with the Fit Chicken cutlet for lunch or dinner!
1 Pound, thinly sliced (1 pack used)
To coat the chicken cutlets
Sprouted wheat flour
3 Teaspoon (Chef uses Trader Joes - salt, black pepper, coriander, mustard seeds, onion, garlic, chili pepper and paprika)
1 Tablespoon (To lightly coat a shallow pan)
To prepare the side dish
2 Medium, florets separated
1 Medium, thinly sliced
1 Tablespoon (To drizzle over the steamed vegetables)
1. Take each of the chicken cutlets from the pack, pound them thin if required and keep them aside.
2. Take a flat plate, put 4 tbsp sprouted wheat flour and the everyday seasoning mix. Mix well to combine the ingredients.
3. Coat each of the chicken cutlets with the flour mixture and set aside.
4. Take a shallow pan with just enough canola oil to coat the bottom, heat it to a high temperature for about 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Place the coated chicken cutlets, and shallow fry each side for about 5 to 8 minutes on a medium heat.
6. Meanwhile, in a pot with a little water, steam the vegetables (broccoli florets and orange pepper).
7. When the vegetables are half done steaming, season with everyday seasoning and steam for another couple of minutes.
8. Once done, drizzle a little olive oil and turn off the heat.
9. Once the chicken cutlets are done frying, plate it up to serve.
10. Serve the chicken cutlets warm with freshly steamed broccoli and orange pepper.
Things You Will Need
1. Hand meat pounder - to pound the chicken cutlets