Thanksgiving Tebasaki Chicken Wings
A sprinkle of Salt
1 tsp Sake
1 tsp Ginger Root Juice
2 tbsp Potato Starch
2 tbsp Soy Sauce
2 tbsp Sake
2 tbsp Mirin
2 tsp Sugar
1 tsp Grated Garlic
1 tsp Grated Ginger Root
½ tsp Vinegar
Toasted White Sesame Seeds
Cracked Black Pepper
Sansho Pepper Powder
Ichimi - Red Chili Powder
Frying Oil (Vegetable Oil)
1) For making the Tebasaki sauce, combine miso, sake, soy sauce, sugar, grated ginger root and garlic in a pot.
2) Now turn on the burner and stir evenly with a spatula.
3) Bring it to a boil to let the alcohol evaporate.
4) Turn down the heat and reduce the sauce.
5) Turn off the burner and pour the sauce into a bowl. Add the vinegar and mix well.
6) Remove the excess water from the chicken wings and sprinkle salt properly on the wings.
7) Place the chicken wings in a bowl. Add the sake and ginger root juice and rub properly.
8) Keep it aside for 10 minutes.
9) Put the potato starch in a food storage bag and add the chicken wings and shake well.
10) Now deep fry the chicken wings until golden brown.
11) Then place the chicken wings on a cooling rack.
12) Add the chicken wings to the tebasaki sauce and mix well.
13) Sprinkle some sesame seeds, cracked lack pepper and red chili powder. Serve and enjoy!