Bacon and Mushroom Stuffed Chicken Bundles with Sherry Au Jus
|Bacon||200 Gram, dice (6 slice)|
|Button mushroom||2 Cup (32 tbs), dice|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chop|
|Dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Salt and pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sherry||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chicken breast||2 Pound, butterflied, and pounded thin (4 boneless, skinless)|
|Salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon (for seasoning mix)|
|Pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon (for seasoning mix)|
|Garlic powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon (for seasoning mix)|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon (for sherry jus)|
|Flour||1 Tablespoon (for sherry jus)|
|Dry sherry||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for sherry jus)|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for sherry jus)|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Keep it aside.
3. Place a non-stick pan on medium high heat, add mushroom, bacon, and onion. Cook until mushroom releases all its water, onion and bacon are crisp and caramelized.
4. Pour sherry in pan. Cook until alcohol completely evaporates. Remove from heat and set aside.
5. On cutting board, lay butterflied chicken pieces. Spread mushroom mixture equally on all the four chicken pieces.
6. Roll it tight, and tie with twine. Sprinkle seasoning mix on it.
7. Place rolled chicken on baking sheet, pop it in oven and bake for about an hour or until done.
8. For sherry Jus, in the same skillet, melt butter, and add flour. Stir, and scrape all the drippings in the skillet.
9. Pour sherry and chicken stock in it. Mix and cook until it thicken, stirring constantly.
10. Spoon sherry Jus over chicken bundles.
11. Garnish with parsley and serve chicken with mashed potatoes.