1. Separate garlic into individual cloves and drop them in boiling water to blanch for 1 minute. Remove them from water, rinse, and peel. Set aside.
2. Pat dry chicken breasts with paper towels and season it generously with salt and pepper.
3. Place a large saucepan on medium flame and heat oil in it.
4. Saute the chicken skin side down first, for 5 minutes or until browned and crispy. Flip and cook for 3 minutes on the other side.
5. Transfer chicken to a plate and add all of the peeled garlic to the pan. Saute for 7-8 minutes, stirring often, until evenly browned.
6. Pour brandy, and deglaze the pan. Scrape up the brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
7. Place the chicken back in the pan and add chicken stock, white wine, and the thyme. Cover and simmer over medium low for 20 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees F when measured with thermometer.
8. Take the chicken out and cover with aluminum foil to keep it warm, and reduce the rest of the sauce over high heat to thicken, if desired.
9. Pour the sauce and garlic over the chicken.
If chicken is your favorite meat and you love the flavor of garlic, you should definitely try this Chicken with Forty Cloves Garlic Sauce recipe. Watch this video to learn the exact way of preparing this dish. This is truly a garlic lover's delight.