Homestyle Butter Chicken
|Salted butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tandoori chicken||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Boneless)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, diced|
|Garlic onion ginger paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground coriander||2 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala||1 Teaspoon|
|Cashew nuts||20 Medium (Blended Into A Paste With A Few Teaspoons Of Water)|
|Canned crushed tomatoes||5 Tablespoon|
|Cream||1 Cup (16 tbs) (10% / 15% / 18%)|
|Dried fenugreek leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Kasoori Methi)|
|Fresh coriander leaves||5 Medium (Stems And Leaves)|
1. Put cashews in a blender or food processor and grind to a powder.
2. Add a few teaspoons of water and puree to a fine paste and reserve.
3. Heat vegetable oil in a heavy-bottomed pan over medium to medium-high heat.
4. Add the chopped onions and fry until they are golden.
5. Add cinnamon stick, turmeric, chili powder, ground coriander and Garam Masala.
6. Fry for 30 seconds.
7. Add the GOG paste and fry for 2 minutes.
8. Add butter and fry until it has melted.
9. Add crushed tomatoes and fry for 4 minutes.
10. Add 1 - 2 tablespoons of the cashew paste (depending on how thick you want your curry sauce to be).
11. Fry for another 2 minutes.
12. Turn heat to medium low and add cream.
13. Let simmer for 2 minutes and add Tandoori Chicken pieces.
14. Stir well and simmer for another minute or until the chicken is heated through.
15. Garnish with dried fenugreek and cilantro and serve over basmati rice or with an Indian flatbread, such as roti or naan and enjoy! In moderation!
Calories 587 Calories from Fat 264
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.6%
Saturated Fat 10.6 g52.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 28 mg9.3%
Sodium 327.7 mg13.7%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g21.1%
Dietary Fiber 6.3 g25.3%
Sugars 23.5 g
Protein 17 g33.5%
Vitamin A 15.6% Vitamin C 9.8%
Calcium 17.1% Iron 12.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet