I bet you can't tell these wings are baked and made with a vegan butter alternative! These baked buffalo wings are so yummy!!! Hubby and I wiped out a whole plate full in a matter of hours.
Red pepper flakes
Earth balance spread
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Franks)
Dried parsley/Celery flakes
1. To a large pot add chicken wings, onion slices, celery, seasoning salt, and red pepper flakes.
2. Fill the pot with just enough water to cover the ingredients.
3. Bring to a boil and immediately reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for around 12 minutes (Chicken will not be fully cooked).
4. Remove the chicken from the water and dry it off completely (get it as dry as you can).
5. Grease a baking rack generously with cooking spray and place chicken on the rack.
6. Broil on low for around 12 minutes.
7. Flip the chicken and broil for another 10 minutes or until chicken is done and crisp.
8. SAUCE: In a saucepan melt the earth balance.
9. Add the hot sauce, garlic powder, parsley, black pepper and Cajun seasoning.
10. Stir until heated (do not boil) and remove from heat.
11. Toss chicken in the hot sauce mixture till fully coated.
12. In a serving plate, plate and serve the chicken with celery stick, carrots, blue cheese dressing and ranch dressing.
These Baked Buffalo Wings in Hot Sauce are so yummy, you can finish off a plateful all by yourself. Watch the secret of making these crispy wings in this video. You bet no one can say these were baked!