If you just say Senegal, I directly think about the delicious dishes. Senegal is known for their delicious dishes such as “Yassa”, “thiebou Dienn” and much more.
If you don't know how to cook those two famous dishes, then let me show you. Today we are going to cook chicken yassa and in the coming post we will be cooking Thiebou Djen. Yassa, mainly consists of onion, it can be cook with chicken, beef or fish.
1 , cut into pieces
Chicken seasoning/Maggi seasoning
1. Marinate the chicken with 1 tablespoon of mustard, half of the garlic, 2 lemons, and 1 tablespoon of black pepper for 2 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
2. Slice and marinade the onions with the mustard, the lemon, the black pepper (like you did with the chicken).
3. Grill the chicken in the oven or with 3 tablespoons of oil on high heat.
4. Brown the onions with 3 tablespoons of oil.
5. Add the remaining garlic, grilled chicken, 2 cup of water, seasoning, chili and salt.
6. Cook for 30 or 40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked and the liquid in the sauce is totally absorbed.
7. Serve with jasmine rice or Moroccan couscous and enjoy.
Senegalese Chicken Yassa has become very popular all over Africa due to its rich texture and delicious flavors. Watch this video to learn the details of this country style chicken curry. You will love the thick sauce.