Chicken In Wine
|Broiler fryers||6 Pound (3 whole, 2 pound size)|
|Salad oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Chopped celery leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Bay leaves||3 Small|
|Dried thyme leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dried marjoram leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Pound, drained (1 can)|
|Ground pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sherry||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
1. Wash chicken in cold water. Pat them dry using paper towel.
2. Wash giblets separately. Keep them aside.
3. In a 7-quart Dutch oven add oil and butter. Heat.
4. Add bay leaves, onion, thyme, celery leaves, marjoram and clove in the mixture.
5. Mix ingredients well. Saute for 5 minutes till the ingredients turn brown in color.
6. Add chickens. Brown them all over. Brown the chicken one by one ( 15 minutes)
7. Add drained tomatoes, 1 teaspoon salt and the pepper with chicken giblets. Do not add the livers.
8. Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
9. Add livers and 1 cup sherry. Cook 15 minutes more.
10. Lift and place the chicken in serving plates. Keep warm. Strain broth.
11. Cup up livers and reserve. Set the rest of the giblets for later use.
12. In ¼ cup of sherry, dissolve flour. Stir into broth.
13. Boil while stirring in between to get a thick mixture.
14. Stir in cut-up chicken livers and 1 teaspoon salt.
15. Serve Chicken In Wine immediately.