|Olive oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Ground lean meat||1 Pound|
|Rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pignolias||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (pine nuts)|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh dill||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Grape leaves||16 Ounce (1 jar)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (adjust quantity as needed)|
1. In a skillet add olive oil and heat. Combine onions and saute till they are transparent.
2. Combine ground meat and cook till it crumbles.
3. Add pignolias, salt, pepper, rice, dill, tomato paste and 3/4 cup water. Add salt and pepper ( if using prepared grape leaves or else omit salt).
4. Simmer for 10 minutes till the water is absorbed. The rice will be half cooked at this stage.
6. In the center part of the leaf put 1 tablespoon of mixture. Fold its edges just like an envelope and roll it.
7. Place singles in the bottom layer of the saucepan. Place stuffed grape leaves to cover this layer.
8. Continue layering till all the stuffing and leaves have been used.
9. Put a small plate upside down and in the top section. Push downwards so that the leaves do not unroll.
10. Add water and cover the leaves except its top layer.
11. Boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes till the water is well absorbed.
13. Serve Dolmathes at room temperature.