Chicken Con Mole Verde
|Boneless chicken||3 Pound|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), minced|
|Pumpkin seeds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tomatillos||1 1⁄2 Pound, husked|
|Dried ancho chili||2 Large|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Dried parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
1. In a bowl mix the chicken with salt, garlic and onion.
2. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees till the chicken juice is running clear. Check by pricking with a knife if the juice is clear.
3. In a dry hot pan, dry roast all the pumpkin seeds for 3 minutes, till they are brown. Cool.
4. In a saucepan place the husked tomatillos with water so that it covers them.
5. Boil and then cook for at least 10 minutes.
6. Drain the excess water and cool.
7. Mix chiles, 2 clove seeds, tomatillos, pumpkin seeds and parsley.
8. Blend so that the pumpkin seeds are well ground.
9. In a large skillet warm olive oil.
10. Combine the pumpkin seed sauce and simmer.
11. Add chicken, cumin and salt.
12. Simmer for 15 minutes keeping it uncovered.
13. Spoon over the grain.
14. Serve Chicken Con Mole Verde with chopped parsley.
Calories 675 Calories from Fat 324
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g57.8%
Saturated Fat 8.5 g42.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 277.8 mg92.6%
Sodium 1283.8 mg53.5%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10.1%
Dietary Fiber 5.3 g21.2%
Sugars 10.2 g
Protein 62 g123.7%
Vitamin A 7.5% Vitamin C 51.3%
Calcium 8.6% Iron 38.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet