|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 envelope)|
|Condensed beef broth/Chicken broth||1 Can (10 oz), undiluted|
|Madeira/Sherry / red wine / 1/4 cup each lemon juice and water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Hot pepper sauce||10 Drop|
|Sweet almond oil||1 Teaspoon|
1) In a medium saucepan, sprinkle gelatine over 1 cup of beef broth. Allow the gelatine to rest for 5 minutes till it softens.
2) Cook the gelatine over a low flame. Stir continously till all the gelatine dissolves completely.
3) Take the pan off the flame.
4) Next, stir in the madeira, sherry, red wine or lemon juice and water.
5) Add in 10 drops of the hot pepper sauce. Mix well.
6) Grease a mould with sweet almond oil.
7) Transfer the basic aspic mixture into the mould. Allow the aspic to firm up at room temperature.
8) Garnish the Aspic with olives or tomato slices or any other garnish of your choice.