|Chicken||3 Pound (1 whole)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Tomato puree||2 Tablespoon|
|White wine||1⁄2 Pint|
|Strong chicken stock||1⁄2 Pint|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Soured cream||5 Fluid Ounce (1 carton)|
1) Cut chicken into pieces.
2) Season the flour with salt and pepper and roll chicken into it.
3) Slice the onion and crush the garlic.
4) In a pan, heat oil. Add 1 oz butter. When foaming, add chicken pieces and fry until golden brown.
5) Remove the chicken from pan and put into casserole.
6) Add remaining butter and sliced onions to frying pan.
7) Cover and cook until tender but not brown, about 5-6 minutes.
8) Add crushed garlic; cook for 1 minute.
9) Add paprika and remaining seasoned flour, then the tomato puree.
10) Stir until smooth. Then add wine and stock.
11) Boil the liquid, stirring constantly.
12) Pour sauce over chicken pieces.
13) Add herbs, salt and pepper to taste. Cook slowly until tender, for about 1 hour.
14) Spoon soured cream over top of casserole, and serve with buttered noodles or rice.