|Chicken||3 Pound (1 whole)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Tomato puree||2 Tablespoon|
|White wine||1⁄2 Pint|
|Strong chicken stock||1⁄2 Pint|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Soured cream||5 Fluid Ounce (1 carton)|
1) Cut chicken into pieces.
2) Season the flour with salt and pepper and roll chicken into it.
3) Slice the onion and crush the garlic.
4) In a pan, heat oil. Add 1 oz butter. When foaming, add chicken pieces and fry until golden brown.
5) Remove the chicken from pan and put into casserole.
6) Add remaining butter and sliced onions to frying pan.
7) Cover and cook until tender but not brown, about 5-6 minutes.
8) Add crushed garlic; cook for 1 minute.
9) Add paprika and remaining seasoned flour, then the tomato puree.
10) Stir until smooth. Then add wine and stock.
11) Boil the liquid, stirring constantly.
12) Pour sauce over chicken pieces.
13) Add herbs, salt and pepper to taste. Cook slowly until tender, for about 1 hour.
14) Spoon soured cream over top of casserole, and serve with buttered noodles or rice.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4049 Calories from Fat 2329
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 261 g401.3%
Saturated Fat 94.3 g471.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1117.7 mg372.6%
Sodium 1407.7 mg58.7%
Total Carbohydrates 83 g27.7%
Dietary Fiber 14.9 g59.7%
Sugars 37.2 g
Protein 295 g589.2%
Vitamin A 211.3% Vitamin C 137%
Calcium 55.4% Iron 100.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet