Oven Fried Chicken In Tomato Sauce
|Chicken parts||4 (or quarters)|
|Paprika||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|For tomato sauce|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Tomato puree||2 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Tomatoes||3⁄4 Can (7.5 oz) (1 small tin)|
|Chopped mixed herbs||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon rind strip||1|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
1) Crush the garlic and finely chop the onions.
2) Butter an ovenproof dish.
3) Season the flour with salt and pepper and paprika, roll chicken pieces in that and brush thoroughly with beaten egg and roll in dried breadcrumbs.
4) Put chicken in the ovenproof dish.
5) Pour melted butter over chicken, put into oven and cook for 30-35 minutes, or until pieces are crisp and brown.
6) Meanwhile, make tomato sauce: Melt butter, cook onion and garlic until golden.
7) Sprinkle in flour and add tomato puree, tinned tomatoes and stock. 8) Boil the stock; simmer for 20 minutes adding herbs, peppercorns, lemon rind and a pinch of cayenne pepper.
9) Strain sauce and add sugar. Season to taste.
10) Serve the chicken very hot with sauce and rice or mashed potatoes.