Chicken And Corn Croquettes
|Chicken||10 Ounce, finely chopped|
|Butter||2 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Finely chopped onion||1 Teaspoon|
|Canned sweetcorn||3 Ounce|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried white breadcrumbs||6 Ounce|
|Fat||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)|
To make a thick cream sauce :
1. In a pan melt 2 oz butter and stir in 2 oz flour and blend blend smoothly adding milk.
2. Bring to boil, cook for several minutes to reduce quantity slightly, empty to a bowl and keep aside.
3. Clean the pan, melt 1/2 oz butter and cook onion and sweetcorn for 3-4 minutes.
4. Mix well adding chicken meat, chopped parsley, lemon juice and mace.
5. Add 6 liquid oz of sauce, season well, let it cool and then add 1 egg yolk.
6. On a plate spread out mixture to cool and thicken.
7. Divide into 8 equal portions and form into rolls and turn in 3 oz flour seasoned with salt and pepper until completely covered.
8. Brush all over with egg beaten with oil and coat completely with breadcrumbs.
9. Leave for up to 1 hour before cooking.
10. In a deep fry pan heat oil or fat until gently smoking, then lower 3-4 croquettes at a time into hot fat, cook until golden brown and crisp and drain on paper towel.
11. Serve at once with lemon quarters and a salad or green vegetables.