Fricassee Of Giblets
|Giblets||2 Pound, mixed|
|Chicken fat||4 Tablespoon|
|Onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Boiling water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Kosher salt||3 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground beef||3⁄4 Pound|
|Cold water||2 Tablespoon|
|Raw rice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1) Buy gizzards, necks, wings, feet and livers.
2) Wash them thoroughly and remove heavy skin from feet.
3) Take a saucepan and heat chicken fat in it. Add onions and cook until golden brown in color.
4) Add giblets and cook for about 5 minutes or until brown in color.
5) Sprinkle with flour and add boiling water.
6) Add 2 teaspoons salt, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
7) Cover and cook on low heat for about 1 hour.
8) Take a mixing bowl and combine together cold water, beef, remaining salt, garlic powder and pepper in it.
9) Shape the mixture into balls and add to the giblets along with rice.
10) Cook for about 20 minutes.
11) Transfer to a large platter and serve immediately.