Roast Chicken with Vegetables
|Broiler fryer||5 Pound, quartered, wash and dried with paper towel (2 Fryers, 2 To 2 1/2 Pound Each)|
|Green pepper||1 Large, seeded and cut in 1 -inch strips|
|Potatoes||4 Medium, pared and quartered|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Dried oregano leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Salad oil/Olive oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 350F.
2) In a large, shallow baking pan, place chicken pieces, green-pepper and potatoes in a single layer.
3) In a bowl, place together garlic, oil and oregano and mix well.
4) Dribble the garlic mixture over chicken and vegetables.
5) Dredge the chicken with salt, pepper and paprika.
6) Bake in the oven, uncovered and basting frequently with pan juices for 1 hour or until chicken and potatoes are tender.
7) Raise the oven temperature to 400F and bake for 15 minutes to brown.
8) Place the chicken with vegetables on warm serving platter, discarding garlic.
9) If desired, serve with spaghetti with tomato sauce or cheese.
Calories 1022 Calories from Fat 626
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 70 g107.1%
Saturated Fat 16.9 g84.7%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 283.5 mg94.5%
Sodium 757.3 mg31.6%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g7.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.2%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 73 g146.2%
Vitamin A 16.2% Vitamin C 89.6%
Calcium 7.5% Iron 27.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet